Every day with trendy stickers you’ll love which cover your laptop, notebooks, bottles, and anything you wish with fun designs. But how to remove the sticker without leaving a residue is a problem that happened often. In fact, it is very simple to remove the sticker perfectly. Enjoy the tips below!
The first thing you should do is using your fingers to remove as much residue as possible. Roll and bond the residue into a ball. This is much effective if the residue is fresh; press your finger along the entire portion of the residue with constant internal pressure. The residue will roll into a ball and you can remove it from the surface easily.
Next, we will share some useful products, find what you have now, and use them to remove sticker residue effectively,
- A knife, or an old credit card
- An eraser
- White vinegar
- Cooking oil
- Specially designed remover
- Hair Drier
1. A knife, or an old credit card
– If a sharp tool is used, be sure to place the blade flat on the surface. Otherwise, you may cut other grooves or scratches on the surface you are trying to treat. Be careful when using a sharp tool to avoid being hurt.
– Use hard cards like credit cards, membership cards; you can scrape away the residue without damaging the surface.
- Scope of application: A hard surface, such as plastic, glass, etc
2. An eraser
Eraser is something that we often use when we study. With an eraser, we can erase these residual traces in a short time. This works well and easy while the process is a little laborious.
- Scope of application: A hard surface
Use a cloth soaked with soap-suds to wet the parts to be removed and rub until the residue falls off. If the time is not limited, you can soak the glass bottle attached with residue in warm soap-suds for a whole night, and take it out the next day, the residue will be cleaned more easily.
- Equivalent: if there is no soap, add detergent or baking soda to the water.
4. White vinegar
If it’s a sticker residue that tenaciously sticking to the surface, take out a tissue and put it on the residue. Then pour some white vinegar on the tissue and leave it for 5 minutes. Then, take off the tissue, and we can tear off the sticker without leaving any trace now
5. Cooking oil
Using cooking oil is a good way to remove residues from glass, plastic, and wood. To soften the residue, brush the oil evenly on the sticker for 3 to 5 minutes. Wipe off the oil on the surface with tissue paper. At this time, the sticker can be easily removed. The oil is incompatible with glue. So we use the property to degumming.
Hand cream, peanut butter, mayonnaise, Limonene, etc.
- Scope of application:
The use of peanut butter and mayonnaise should be limited to non-porous surfaces as it tends to stain the absorbent material.
In addition to disinfecting, rubbing alcohol can also be used to remove sticker vestiges. Spread a tissue paper on the sticker, and then pour alcohol on it until the tissue is completely wet. It is easy to tear the sticker now. The alcohol can dissolve the glue on the sticker and make it no longer sticky.
– Vodka and other colorless liquor (Avoid sticky liquor, such as Rum).
– The perfume that is out of date or astringent;
- Scope of application:
The surface to be cleaned must be not eased to corrode by alcohol
7. Specially designed remover
– WD-40, a type of multifunctional lubricant, can also help to remove the stubborn sticker residue. Spray a lot on the stickers, labels, or price tags to be removed and soak for a while. Stickers should be displayed to remove immediately!
– Goo Gone is designed to remove stickers. Just spray the residue and wipe it with a towel.
Just put the hairdryer 10 cm away from the sticker, then heat it for about 30 seconds, blow and slowly tear off the sticker, and finally wipe off the remaining traces with a tissue paper. Heating the glue on the sticker can reduce its viscosity. This method is effective and fast. If the sticker is still difficult to remove, try heating for another 30 seconds
- Scope of application:
The trace of adhesive tape is small and exists for a long time; then the surfaces should have enough heat resistance.
Figuring out how to remove adhesive residue can be so frustrating that you are willing to try any possible solution. However, please pay attention to the following points:
1- Some products used in the above methods may irritate your skin. Be sure to wear a pair of latex gloves to protect your hands. If you work on a desk or table-top, remember to cover them with newspapers.
2- Choose the product that suits your surface. The right product depends on the surface you are cleaning and the amount of residue that needs to be removed.
- Avoid using oily or colored products on porous surfaces to prevent soiling.
- Avoid using corrosive products such as vinegar on metal and stone.
- Avoid rubbing alcohol or scraping with nails or any metal on the wood floor to prevent damage to the surface.
There are so many methods recommended, and one of them must be effective for you. As these residues removed, you will have an ideal place for new stickers.